July 29, 2019 A Miracle I saw on my Mission

July 29, 2019
This week was my last week on my mission. We had a great week. There is a woman named Carol that we have been trying to work with since I came to the area. The first time we met her she was kind of rude so we did not try to stop by again. Her friend invited her to a Relief Society Activity and she actually apologized to us. We went by this week and were able to set up an appointment and then have a lesson. When we walked up to the house there was a sales woman talking to Carol. We waited until she left. It turns out that the saleswoman is a member of the Church and she saw that Carol had the Come Follow Me Book. Carol said that she did not think it was a coincidence that she came right before we did. We had a great lesson with Carol she even took notes. 

President Hammon had each of us that are going home write a miracle that we saw on our missions. This is what I wrote.

"I hoped to see many miracles on my mission. I expected them to come in certain ways, but they have come in ways I never expected.

In my very first area I was in the Vista 10th Ward. We worked hard trying to find and teach people. One day we received a text from a random number. It said that a man named Omar had not been coming to Church and was ready to come back. We were surprised to receive this text. We did not know who sent it and we had tried to contact Omar at least once before. We texted back and said thank you and that we would try to contact Omar. We then asked who it was that texted us. Whoever sent the text never responded and we never found out who sent it.

So we called Omar and we set up a time to meet him with fellowshippers in tow. Just like the text said, he was ready to come to Church; he just needed the address and the time. Omar also mentioned his conversion and how he had a falling out with the man who baptized him.

Omar came to Church the next Sunday and during sacrament meeting he mentioned to me that our bishop is the brother of the man who baptized him. Omar was able to connect with both the bishop and his brother and forgive each other. 

I met little Omar, Omar's son, only a handful of times and we had hopes to start teaching him when I was transferred out of the area. 

Last month I happened to see a Facebook post that I normally would not have seen. It was Omar and his son little Omar, who had just been baptized. The post also said that they were both going to the temple soon. 

This brought me such joy. I have not had the opportunity to see people I taught enter the waters of baptism, but there are people we touch who do. It was a tender mercy for me to find out about Omar and little Omar, that there are people that I have helped in their journey to come unto Christ."

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that I can repent and change through his Atoning power. I know that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father. I know that the Book of Mormon and the Bible are the word of God. I am grateful that I have gained a greater testimony on my mission and that I have been able to apply the things I know to be true while helping others do the same. Love, Sister Vernon 






















Redlands California Temple- Riverside Mission’s Temple




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 24, 31 Mission boundary change-I'm serving in the Riverside mission now!

PANTS!

Funeral means they are going home from their mission.